JANUS DataLoaders Video 5 min
1. Open an experiment and load the basic CODD menus
2. From the Includes_Files folder, open JANUS_DataLoaders.
3. Open the JANUS database and select data from a single hole.
4. Under the JANUS menu, select EmptyJANUSDataTable.
5. Copy/Paste the data (including headers) into the empty table.
6. Run the appropriate DataLoader from the JANUS menu.
7.Repeat for each hole. A new folder containing the data appears in the DataBrowser.
DSDP used a different Hole naming convention than subsequent ODP and IODP coring. In DSDP the first Hole had no letter designation while subsequent holes began with “A”. So, for example, Holes at Site U572 are Hole U572, Hole U572A, Hole U572B. As a default, we rename the first holes with an “X” e.g. U572X.
Occasionally the first core of a Hole consists of only a core catcher. This will produce an error message telling you to change the CC in the first line of the data to the section number you are using for core catchers.